Ou who doesn’t love a cozy fun Friday after a long week?? I know I do.
Fridays as a kid were cheat days, my mom always cooked a delicious fresh meal every night BUT Friyays were 99% of the time restaurant dinner. (I’m not complaining, I was always allowed to order whatever I wanted so Friday dinners were always a treat!)
Even though I’ve decided switch to a plant based lifestyle I still want fridays to consist of a little less healthy alternative to my weekly dinners. I want to some of the less healthy ingredients, like pastry or bread because quite honestly I love a good carb dinner once in a while.
Don’t push your choices down anyones throat… Nobody likes the pushy vegan who points out every reason they’re vegetarian/ vegan. Let the results do the talking. When someones asks you how you cleared up your skin- Plant based lifestyle. When someone asks how you have so much energy- Plant based life style. When someone asks how you’ve lost that extra 10 pounds you just couldn’t shake off- Plant based lifestyle.
Someone recently said to me: “You never meet a vegetarian/vegan without knowing they are.” Unless you’re at a restaurant and you need to clarify the ingredients in a dish DON’T say anything. I’m not saying you should be ashamed of the lifestyle you’ve chosen but, you can’t force anyone to be or do what you want them to.
Puff Pastry veggie triangles
(A me recipe)
4 triangles + leftover filling for another 4 (I always freeze leftovers)
- 1 cooking onion diced
- 3 carrots shredded
- 5 mushrooms blended
- 1 zucchini blended
- 1 head of broccoli crumbled
- 1 tomato diced
- 4 kale stocks (leaves only) cut into small pieces
- 1 can of red kidney beans blended
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth or water
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 tsp of dried or fresh thyme
- 1 tsp of dried or fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1tsp of vegetable oil
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (or homemade pastry)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven at 400 F
- Blend mushrooms, zucchini, red kidney beans and vegetable broth together- set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan (on medium heat) add butter, oil, garlic, onion and all other spices until fragrant.
- Once fragrant, add blended mixture to the pan and cook over medium heat.
- Once hot add the shredded carrot, crumbled broccoli and tomato.
- Once the mixture is hot, let cool before rolling the triangles. *If you’re in a rush to eat like me 99% of the time the rolls can be rolled while the mixture is still hot but the texture of the pastry isn’t quite as fluffy.*
- Once the triangles are folded, squish the edges to insure the mixture stays inside. (I use a fork.)
- Cook the triangles until golden brown. *Approximately 40 minutes*
- Pair with your fav sauce and/or garnish with cheese (mine is hot sauce yum yum)
Veggie nuggets- recipe will be featured within the next few days. (Weird I know but I woke up wanting them lol)
Leftover white kidney bean, chickpea and spinach curry.
Veggie pastry featured in daily recipe.
Chia seed pudding, chocolate zucchini muffin, grapes and some raw nuts.
Water and half a can of coke